10 November 2011

Tired

Think I slept for about 2 hours last night. Once hubby got home, we had to run some errands and it got pretty late so we decided to grab something to eat while we were out. We have alot of fast food joints around here and a few decent restaurants. Normally we´d never go to any of the fast food places but we decided to pop into Red Robin for a burger. It must have had some kind of energy effect on the baby because she was up all night doing summersaults. It felt like she was having a kick boxing fight with my stomach which made it imåpossible to sleep. Sweetheart, the only way out is head down so please don´t turn again. I had just nodded off when Gavin´s phone rang, at 4 am this morning. Can´t believe he actually picked up the phone, I will start dreaming about HIS work soon. No one will be more happy than me once that service tool is working. Last thing I remeber before falling asleep again is my naked husband hopping to the lounge to boot up the laptop. Needles to say, I am super tired today.

Yesterday was quite eventful. I did some excellent shopping at Sephora at South Coast Plaza, I still enjoy all the free parking and all the parking spaces here. A real treat! And if it would be crowded, or raining, there is always valet parking. Most upscale malls and restaurants have valet parking this American innovation can definitely come in handy at times.  Not sure how I managed to spend 174 dollar within 10 min at Sephora but I did (and all ladies reading this can relate, I am sure). Next stop was Walmart. Now, I am not a big fan of Walmart but I wanted to have a look at the prices and at some baby formula. Took me about 20 minutes to get to Mexico City, (err, I mean Santa Ana, it sure felt like Mexico) and I have to say, this was, dispite the neighbourhood, the nicest Walmart I have ever been too. It was HUGE, clean and had a great fruit and vegetable section with some very decent prices. The hispanic section was also very impressive (probably because of the neighbourhood, about 90% of the customers were hispanic), my goodness, I didn´t know there were so many different kinds of dried chilli. The selection of spices here in general is very very impressive. I am still like a child walking in the super markets, looking at the spice and fruit & vegetable section. Now the food section in Walmart was only about 1/5 of the super store, so you can imagine how big it was. In the car on my way out of the car park I saw there was a pretty big Christmas section outside, I will have to go back and check it out some other time. Stopped by at Ralph´s on my way home and found some yeast - expensive but fresh! Will bake some bread over the weekend.

Just got back from Barnes and Nobels. Got a couple of magazines with recipes. Need to find one to subscribe to. Subscription is the way to go here, so cheap instead of buying the monthly issues. Think I know nearly all the cooking magazines now, apart from Martha Stewart´s. Haven´t forgiven her for that really awful pea soup I made last year. I made it twice according to her recipe and even watched the how to video. It was the most disgusting thing you can imagine. Still dissing her for that.

No comments: