30 November 2011

List of To Do's is Shrinking

Finally managed to drive to the social security office and apply for a social security number. Check!
And here I thought authorities were unfriendly world wide, how wrong was I. Nice as pie and hardly any wait at all.

Also made it to homeland security where I caused a little confusion. I received my work permit last week, and I also received a letter with a scheduled appointment for this morning. I showed up - the office is in Santa Ana, right among the $ 1 dollar taco trucks, immigration lawyers and homeless people - and they were a little confused why I was there to have my finger prints captured when I already had received the card. Normally you don't get the card without the finger prints FIRST. Security leak! Haha, I was placed in a special queue (OMG, I nearly wrote LINE) and then they had the finger prints and photos taken andthe whole thing was quiteted down. Check again! Now it is only the driver's license left where I am learning English all over again. What happened to indicate and reverse? It is all about signal and back up in study material. Lost in translation completely.


Baked some super nice bread last night with some home made carrot soup. Bread turned out fantastic if I may say so myself, nice and crispy but gosh did it take long. Around 3 hours in total!




No comments: