21 November 2011

I am due this Saturday..

I am getting asked a lot these days when I am due. I wish I could take a picture of people's faces when replying " I am due this Saturday". 99% of the people look stressed and scared and I can tell, they regret asking that question as soon as I answer. They look like I am ready to pop there and then. Ha, I wish I have had a tiny tiny little contraction so far. But no. So don't worry, there will not be a Target baby. Thanks for asking though :)


Had the regular Monday morning visit this morning. No news. I have bought raspberry tea, a birthing ball I am using to bounce about on and am trying to move about a lot. No sign so far. Yesterday I thought I could feel a wee contraction if I concentrated hard and long enough but that is the closest so far. The waiting game continues. Looks like we will make Thanksgiving dinner AND Swedish Christmas market this week. Nice.

Last night we watched the American Music Awards. Gavin was cleaning up his 2000 new (read: old, he nvever bothered to clean up his account before) and I was moving about on the new ball at the same time. Not only was it annoying to watch because of all the advertising, but also because 1) Taylor Swift won every category she was nominated for and 2) Nearly everyone started their thank you speech with thanking God. Trust me, even if there were a God I barely think he cares about the AMA. 

I have been looking for different baby groups (or, mom groups). Not so easy, it turns out. Where I would be happy with a general one; it seems to be a little more segregated here. Hispanic groups, Asian, multiracial, religious, proud stay at home mums, full time working mums etc....I have found one Scandinavian one but so far I got no response so not sure if it is active. The Swedish school has a play group on Tuesdays so I will definitely join that one but I clearly see some benefits in joining a local one too. Perhaps I will stumble upon one sooner or later.

When is it too early to put the Christmas tree up? We bought a smallish, plastic pre-lit one yesterday a the Home Depot. Plastic, small and pre-lit because we are not sure if we will receive the Christmas decorations on time to decorate a real one, and since it is plastic, I could really put it up next weekend, right? That and a small poinsettia are the only Christmassy we have at the moment so why not enjoy it. It is a Martha Stewart Christmas tree, have to admit, don't like her cooking but the Christmas tree does look nice.

Need to do some more studying now - that drivering test is lurking behind the corner and I am planning on getting it done this week.



No comments: