05 February 2012

Super Bowl & BBQ

After a long day yesterday, first dropping off Gav's mum at LAX and then meeting Beth for lunch in Santa Monica we decided to take it a little easier today.  And go to bed earlier. Oh my, were we tired when Emily woke up at 3.30 this morning after being spoiled all well. Not once has she woken up before 5. Until this morning, that is.

We started off the day with a power walk, Emily and I. Husband decided to go running. Funny. For the past 3 months he has been saying "I haven't been for a run for 8 weeks". Right. so when he did go running, it was quite painful. Thought I heard one of those loud moaning tennis chicks playing tennis first, but then realised, oh no, it is my husband trying to breathe. He lasted for about 15 minutes and then we both walked home. 1 hr power walk, not bad!

Got back and had a wuick shower before picking up some stuff at Trader Joe's - for a BBQ at Alan's, first BBQ of the year! I thought it might be quiet one hour before the game but how wrong was I. Crazy business, people buying nachos, dips, cookies before the game. Something which keeps puzzling me though is whether all supermarkets are sponsred by Pepsi and why it is so hard to find anything from Coca Cola. Strikes me every time I go shopping.

Anyways, weather is truly fantastic at the moment, it is hard to believe it is only February. Afterwards we watched THE game. Nothing is bigger than super bowl, even politics stops for one day. Biggest sport of them all / American Football. Giants against Patriots, and Giants won. Madonna entertained half time. Great show, but I really really really dislike the lip sync. And she should skip the high heels next time. Good shoice of songs though but she show was nearly a little too perfect for my liking. Nice surprise to see Clint in the ad for Chrysler after the half time show.

Tomorrow is back to reality.  NO plans, just survining the day again.

No comments: