21 February 2012

President's Day

Yesterday was a federal holiday and everyone who works for the goverment (state) had the day off, i.e, schools, post office etc.  For us it would have been business as usual but Gavin took the day off  so we had a bit of a long weekend.

I went to Barry's Bootcamp in the morning, 3rd time in 8 days, not bad huh! And this time I was not the weakest link and I even caught myself sort of enjoying it half way through the class. During my forst two classes I was ready to walk out after 10 minutes and promised myself never to go again. But feeling the progress already (stamina, not weight :( ) I will continue to go and I might even end up liking it. Maybe.

It turned out to be a decent day weatherwise so we popped over to Alan's in the afternoon for a BBQ,


Most complexes here have a clubhouse you can rent, it has a kitchen, some flatscreen TVs (TVs are everywhere here, at the petrol station, in many restaurants and bars). You can rent it for the day  for e.g. birthdays.

 

The lads were playing some pool after the BBQ while Emily and I chilled on the sofa.

Today is by the way fettisdagen in Sweden where you eat semlor. There is actually a Swedish bakery up in Glendale, LA which sells them and they are not hard to make but I think I will skip them this year.


The Swedish school is closed to day due to the bank holiday yesterday and instead of pre-school we are going to the mall The Shops at Mission Viejo to meet the other Swedish mums for lunch, http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=239





No comments: