12 February 2012

Barry

Ajajajajaj  - I think every little bone in my body is hurting. I have just paid Barry's Bootcamp http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/irvine-ca.html a visit. My goodness, that was hard work, possibly the hardest workout I have ever done. I thought I needed to do more than my daily power walk(s). How right was I!  Booked myself into the 8:30 class this morning, one hour later I had it black on white. I am totally unfit. This is definitely the way forward. Me and hubby (who is out running) will take it in turns.  I feel less worried about the burrito I had Friday night now (it had 790 calories, no more burritos for me).

Barry's bootcamp's concept is that the group is split into two halves. One starts on the treadmill, the other one on the floor. Hardcore running/power walking (15% incline!!!) AND some tough arm, leg and stomach exercises on the floor. 15 min treadmill, 15 min floor, 15 min treadmill, 15 floor. Aim is to continue with the daily walks, twice a week Barry's and twice a week pure barre http://purebarre.com/CA-irvine/index.html.

Weatherwise we are experiencing a litle chill at the moment. Yesterday we went to Fashion Island to buy Emily some books and it even rained. We found this little cafe, think it was Belgian, we had some soup and some proper sour dough bread. The place reminded me a little about Bastian's in Cologne and for a minute it felt like we were back in Europe. Drinking hot chocolate, eating soup and trying to keep warm. 

Bought some children books at Barnes and Nobles (they had some really good deals), I really like the B&N down at Fashion Island because it is big and they have a good selection in general, the one at the Market place is small. Also popped in to Kitson and bought a book and looked around. Not sure what the fuss is about that shop, they have some cute stuff but it does not justify their prices. Also popped in to the children stores Hanna Andersson and Peek...aren't you curious. Hanna Andersson is a Swedish inspired kiddies shop and sooo different to the American ones such as Carter's. Whereas it is hard to find something in pink in Sweden, the children clothes in the US seem to be very gender based. You know exactly where the girl and boy stuff are as soon as you enter the store, where the baby clothes in Sweden are more neutral. Sometimes I think the stuff here is really cute but after a while I need something else than sweet kittens and mommy love you prints on the tees.  The peek shop is just cool, stuff I would wear but in smaller sizes! Turns out that the shop assistent in Peek is Swedish. Swedes everywhere!!!

No comments: