26 July 2012

Parcels

Initially I was going to have a go at USPS for losing another parcel but surprise surprise, after nearly four weeks of travelling, it actually arrived. Not just one, 3!

Table runner and candle holder from my mum, lipgloss from the in laws!

Just in time for Palm Springs, a new swim suit for Emily
It was mum's parcel which I thought had gone missing. Now I would have been quite peed had I not received that candle holder. I love love Stockholm Design house and I have had my eyes in this particulary one for quite some time. The table runner is typical Swedish I guess, Gavin always wonders if we only have half table cloths in Sweden. Ordered the swimsuit from Hanna Andersson, I was a little worried whether it would arrive in time and I am so happy it did. It is really hard to find this kind of swimsuit, which you don't pull over the head. I much more prefer the one piece and it has SPF 50 too. People are soo conservative here, you never see naked kids run around on the beach. They all - even the smallest toddlers - wear bikinis etc. I actually forgot some weeks ago how touchy they are about nudity. We are at Emily's swimming school and about to get changed in the family changing rooms where I took my clothes off. All of them. When I saw I guy coming out of the shower wrapped in his towel, and so were his younger ones, I realized my mistake. Guess I am still used to Germany where people have no problem whatsoever with nudity. Guess I should consider myself lucky no one took offense.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Jättesöt baddräkt till Emily. Jag har precis en sådan där ljusstake som jag gillar jättemycket. Tycker de är himla snygga. Löpare är toppen.Dekorativa och mycket enklare att tvätta och stryka än en hel bordsduk. Jag kan tänka mig att det är en jättekontrast mellan naket just mellan Tyskland och USA. Ha det riktigt trevligt i Palm Springs.
Kram!