11 July 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

12 July - yet another year older. I feel nowhere near 38! Yep, you read it, 38, in two years time I will have spent half my life outside Sweden, Wowowow. Got myself into a little situation a while back. I was chatting to this girl and then she told me she was 25 I went "no way, I thought we were the same age". Kind of realized later on, she may not have taken it the right way, haha. Probably though, what, is she telling me I am looking old?  Is it like this for you too? I constantly feel like I am in my early thirties. The twneties, well, I can barely remember them It was like an orientation seminar, lasting for ten years or so. But the thirties have been truly great in every sense. 37 felt like 35, just a year or so earlier, now 38 is leaning towards 40. Bring it on!

So today I have organized Mikaela to come and baby sit for four hours in the morning while I go food shopping at Costco and then head off to the dentist. Might treat babs and myself to a nice lunch afterwards, depending how it goes at the dentist's. And I can finally unwrap the Soma bag, since I got hubby to pay for it. It is always good to give hubby a helping hand when it is your birthday so you don't end up with something you don't like, remember that gals :)


2 comments:

Desiree said...

Stort grattis på födelsedagen. Jag hoppas du får en riktigt fin dag och att allt går bra hos tandläkaren så att du sedan kan få avnjuta en god lunch. Min mamma fyller år idag på samma dag som dig. Hi hi jag känner SÅ igen det där med att jag inte alls känner mig så gammal som jag är utan ca 10 år yngre. Fyller det stora 4-0 i år och fattar liksom inte det känns mer som om jag borde vara början på 30+
Skrattar lite åt tjejen som var 25 som du sa att till att du trodde att ni var lika gammla. Ha ha jag hade mycket väl kunnat kläckt ur mig något sådant. Men vem vet vad hon tyckte ;-)
Kram och grattis igen.

Jane said...

Tack, det är väldigt svårt att gissa åldern på folk nu för tiden, både på gott och ont, Kram!