09 January 2012

Passport

...for Emily. Easier said than done!

As usual, I used our friend google to look up where to get the baby passport photo, what is needed for the application and where to go. So, off we drove to Babies r us, who told us they don´t do the photos (despite their website claiming this)..They told us to go to Target. Who informed us, only the Post office is allowed to take infant passport photos..Soooo we drove to the post office. Where we were told, the passport application office is closed on Saturdays..but we could go to the main post office down the road since their passport office is open on Saturdays.

Once we found the office, (Tom Tom being unreliable again), we were told by the lady in the passport office, we needed an appointment. The customers she had in her office were the last ones for the day. I tried to mention, it said open till 3 pm on her door and it was only 1 pm. No point, she was closing for the day. Then I asked about the photos and I was told I could go to Cosco, I declined because I would rather have them taken at the passport office (and avoid having the photos dismissed later on, you never know), could I make an appointment? Well, in order to  make an appointment, I would have to get in the queue in the "normal" post office (20 people ahead of me) or phone the hotline, which is only open Monday to Friday. Geez, and people aske themselves how come so many Americans have no passport?

Anyway, I thought I looked up all information we needed online and it all turned out to be incorrect...I wonder how long the waiting list is to get an appointment? May be quicker to fly to DC and apply for a Swedish passport for Emily after all!


No comments: