25 September 2012

Bella Italia - Shopping

While I may not be the biggest fan of Italian food - even if we had some delicious stuff last week, it is a little too much dough for me - I LOVED the shopping. Such an elegance, the bags, the shoes.wowowow.
I wasn´t too impressed by Florence, too many tourists and the shops were mainly Louis Vitton, Guess etc. but a visit to the outlet malls nearby made  huge impression. We first drove to Barberino, about 20 minutes north of Florence. It is like a Tanger Outlet in the US, mainstream. But what a difference. The shops were like the shops in any normal mall, they even had my favourite Coccinelle. So much better than the shop I used to visit in Cologne! Whereas clothes in the US often can be a little baggy, they were perhaps a little petite here at times but ahh. Ladies, if you need some handbags, shoes, or business attire, this is the place.

The following day we went to The Mall, about 20 minutes south of Florence. This is where you find all the big brands. Roberto Cavelli, Prada, Gucci...I went to a similar outlet in Palm Springs and I didn´t find it so much cheaper, nor did I find a lot of stuff, but here I could have spent a lot of money! And so could all the Japanese and Chinese, had it been possible to spend more than 2000 euro a week in one shop. What a luxury problem!

Finally we went to the Prada Factory Outlet, they only allow 100 people in each time so you hve to take a number and see if you are within the current "number range". It felt like a mini Macy's with just Prada. Not so fond of their clothing, but ladies, the shoes, THE SHOES.

                                                                        I want some too!

Not the best photos since it was forbidden to take pics inside and I had to take them with my iphone.

Have to admit, both me and hubby did some shopping. I am now a proud owner to my very first Prada shoes.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Älskar fotot på lilla Emily då hon sträcker sig efter de snygga skorna. Det där med snygga skor kanske trots allt har sin speciella gen som ligger på x-kromosomen ;-)
Kul med massor av fina shoppingfynd som du gjorde.
Kram!

Jane said...

Haha, ja, hon blir nog en liten skofetischt.
Kram!