05 March 2012

Saturday Fun

Finally, the sun has returned again! Whohooo.

Gavin went to the bootcamp at 8.30 am as usual and as soon as he got back I drove down to South Laguna for my appointment at the Brow boutique.


On my way down, see the nice blue sky!


Since it was such a nice day on Saturday we decided to drive down to Corona del Mar to grab some lunch and take a walk. Corona del Mar is a neighbourhood in Newport Beach and it has some quaint village shops.

 Driving down to Corona del Mar, see the ocean ahead of us

Corona del Mar. We ended up walking for over an hour until we decided to go back to the Plaza where we had parked and enjoy some lunch at the first restaurant we had passed :)

Last week was OC restaurant week and I thought I wasn't going to be able to enjoy it, we were lucky that the Tommy Bahama Grill was part of it, $ 15 for a three course lunch and Saturday was the last day!



Kobe Beef Slider as a starter, fish tacos for main


Pina Colada cake for afters



 And some vino. First glass of wine in 12 months. Oh my, was I tired afterwards. Very yummy though. Gavin got Shrimp coconut, Chicken sandwich and lime cake. Not a shabby choice, either.

While Emily is still too young to enjoy any of the food, she enjoyed to be out and about again. Since Tommy Bahama is not just a restaurant but also a shop, there was also some shopping done before heading home again. Of course!

The evening ended in style with some champagne, Richard Flinaux, from the box we shipped from Germany. We rented a movie from apple TV, In time. What a bunch of crap. Missed the end as usual, 2,5 glasses of champagne put me right to sleep. Justin Timberlake played the main character, Olivia Wild his mother...it could have been a great story but, na, rather weak if you ask me. I really have started to like Apple TV, I wonder why this market is not so big in Germany (where shops are closed on Sunday, even video shops!!). Netflix, Apple TV or Cox our cable TV provider..so easy to rent a movie these days. I can barely remember the times you actually had to walk to the shop, rent the DVD, if it was available, and then return it on the following day.

Or back in the day in Sweden where we not only had to rent the VHS but also the video box since he had no video recorder. Ohhhh NOW I am feeling old.

No comments: