27 December 2011

Back to Normal

Christmas disappeared just as fast as it arrived. I never got into the Christmas mood this year, and most of the goodies I bought, such as glögg, never made it out of the cupboard. Simply forgot. Or couldn't be bothered.

I love the nice warm weather here, but next Christmas needs to be spent somewhere a little colder. Those who know me well, know how much I hate being cold. Though my love for Christmas may just be a little stronger than my dislike of being cold.

However, I cannot just blame this year's lame Christmas just on the climate. We have been so tired that we have had some really early nights, and small things like putting out the right Christmas table cloth (LOL) simply didn't matter. It has all been about sleep, sleep, sleep and Emily. This lack of sleep has taken me by such surprise, normally I am such an energy bundle, even with little sleep and being jet lagged in the past, I had no problem to work work work and still get tons done once I got home from work.

Oh well. Now we have the "days in between". The days after Christmas, but before New year. Family is still here, in-laws are soon on their way. Gavin is still off work. Best husband and dad in the world. Wouldn't have survived the past week without him! Next week I will try to schedule an appointment at the hairdresser's. And make it to the Brow boutique. And get a pedicure. Things which need to be done before hubby goes back to work!

-14 kg!! WITHOUT exercise! Another 14 need to go. Phew. Unfortunately they are currently stuck on my hips! Now that can turn out to be difficult. Took my first PW (power walk) this morning, and that is the new routine. Every morning. The challenge is on. I want to be back in my old clothes in March. I am more than ready to dump my maternity clothes. More than ready!! At least feet are back to normal size. And that was celebrated by ordering a pair of Burberry shoes yesterday. Oh yes!! I am sooooo ready to go shopping again!

Tomorrow we are diving into the world of paper work again. Time to apply for Emily's passport. American passport!



No comments: