30 October 2011

Weekend

The weekend was very successful. We had some good news Friday night, just about when we were about to give up on the car, we managed to get a second lease. So now we are proud owners of a 2012 Ford Fusion.
This is a photo from an add, a real one will follow.



After a frustrating week of only having one car, I treated myself to a Kitchen Aid Artisan. SO cheap here, very easy decision.

After realising that there is no nice bread here and I'll have to start making my own, this could come in handy. What a beauty! Can't wait for it to arrive!! All I need now is to find some fresh yeast, which could turn out to be tricky. Found another gadget in Bed, Bath & Beyond today, Yorkshire puddings seem to be called popovers here, and I found a popover pan. Now, we may have to wait a little until it gets a tad cooler outside to have a roast dinner, today we had 28 degrees C, no clouds. Can't wait to see how they will turn out though, and now when we have gas instead of electricity, they will turn out crispier in the oven as well.                    

Something I have discovered while buying all these bits and bobs today and yesterday is that I may have to work on my patience a little LOL. People here are in no rush when parking, when the light goes green at the traffic lights or, when getting back to the car after doing the shopping. It starts at the lights. It is green, and sloooooowly they are moving forward. Had it been in Germany I would have beeped 3 times already, or someone else would have. You then pull in to the parking lot. Since you don't need any real parking skills here (HUGE spaces), people take their time, making sure that they don't hit anything or anyone (they are already at least 1 m away from the nearest object)..And what is this sitting around in the car when returning to it? They eat, drink, text, rest? Perhaps there is a tiny German gene growing inside me after all. Where else would this impatience come from?








No comments: